- 55 Halton View Rd, Widnes WA8 0TT
- 96 Albert Rd, Widnes WA8 6LG
- 210 Warrington Rd, Widnes WA8 6AF
Widnes is a town in the county of Cheshire, located in the north-west of England. It is situated on the northern bank of the River Mersey, opposite the town of Runcorn. Widnes has a rich industrial history, with its early growth based on the chemical industry and later, the manufacturing of soap and alkali. The town played an important role in the development of the chemical industry in the 19th century, and today it is still home to a number of chemical companies.
One of the most prominent landmarks in Widnes is the Silver Jubilee Bridge, which spans the River Mersey and connects Widnes to Runcorn. The bridge is a major transport link between the two towns and provides easy access to nearby cities such as Liverpool and Manchester.
Widnes is also known for its rugby league team, the Widnes Vikings, who have a proud history in the sport. The town has several parks and green spaces, including Victoria Park and Spike Island, which offer opportunities for recreation and relaxation.
In recent years, Widnes has undergone significant redevelopment, with new housing developments and commercial projects transforming the town centre. Widnes is well-connected, with easy access to the motorway network and excellent transport links to nearby cities. Overall, Widnes is a dynamic and evolving town with a proud industrial heritage and a promising future.
Hotels in Widnes
- Best Western Widnes Halton Everglades Park Hotel – Derby Rd, Widnes WA8 3UJ
- Premier Inn Widnes – Venture Fields, Earle Rd, Widnes WA8 0TA
- Hillcrest Hotel Widnes – Cronton Ln, Widnes WA8 9AR
- The Main Top Hotel – 25-27 Mersey Rd, Widnes WA8 0DT
- Campanile Hotel Runcorn – Lowlands Rd, Runcorn WA7 5TP
- Travelodge Widnes – A562 Speke Rd, Widnes WA8 0PZ
- Holiday Inn Runcorn M56, Jct.12 – Wood Ln, Beechwood, Runcorn WA7 3HA
- The Park Royal Hotel – Stretton Rd, Stretton, Warrington WA4 4NS
- Village Hotel Warrington – Centre Park, Warrington WA1 1QA
- Premier Inn Liverpool John Lennon Airport Hotel – Runway Rd, Speke, Liverpool L24 1XZ (about 5 miles from Widnes)