- 11 Bridge St, Dunfermline KY12 8AQ
- 78 Hospital Hill, Dunfermline KY11 3AT
- 2 Canmore St, Dunfermline KY12 7NT
- 21 Carnegie Dr, Dunfermline KY12 7AN
- 11 Station Rd, Oakley, Dunfermline KY12 9QF
- 9 Moray Way N, Dalgety Bay, Dunfermline KY11 9NH
Dunfermline is a historic town located in the Kingdom of Fife, Scotland. It lies on the north shore of the Firth of Forth, around 3 miles north of the iconic Forth Bridge. Dunfermline is one of the oldest settlements in Scotland and has played an important role in the country’s history.
The town is best known as the birthplace of Andrew Carnegie, the famous industrialist and philanthropist who emigrated to the United States and made his fortune in the steel industry. Carnegie’s legacy can be seen throughout Dunfermline, with a number of public buildings, parks, and institutions named after him.
Dunfermline is also home to several important historical landmarks, including the ruins of Dunfermline Abbey, which was founded in the 11th century and was once one of the most important religious centres in Scotland. Other notable attractions include the 16th century Pittencrieff House Museum, the Andrew Carnegie Birthplace Museum, and the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum.
Today, Dunfermline is a thriving town with a population of around 50,000 people. It is home to a range of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions, and is a popular destination for tourists visiting Scotland.
Hotels in Dunfermline
Here are ten hotels located in or near Dunfermline, Scotland:
- The City Hotel – Bridge St, Dunfermline KY12 8DA, United Kingdom
- Garvock House Hotel – Garvock House, St Johns Dr, Dunfermline KY12 7TU, United Kingdom
- Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline – Halbeath Rd, Dunfermline KY11 8DY, United Kingdom
- Pitbauchlie House Hotel – Aberdour Rd, Dunfermline KY11 4PB, United Kingdom
- Davaar House Hotel – 126 Grieve St, Dunfermline KY12 8DW, United Kingdom
- Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel – Crossford, Dunfermline KY12 8NN, United Kingdom
- Auld Mill House Hotel – Halbeath Rd, Dunfermline KY11 4LF, United Kingdom
- Premier Inn Dunfermline – 4-12 Whimbrel Pl, Fife Leisure Park, Dunfermline KY11 8EX, United Kingdom
- Travelodge Dunfermline – Halbeath Rd, Dunfermline KY11 4LP, United Kingdom
- Balmule House – Dunfermline KY12 0RZ, United Kingdom
Universities and Colleges in Dunfermline
Here are five universities and colleges located near Dunfermline and their addresses:
- University of St Andrews – St Andrews, KY16 9AJ, United Kingdom (located approximately 16 miles east of Dunfermline)
- University of Edinburgh – Old College, South Bridge, Edinburgh EH8 9YL, United Kingdom (located approximately 19 miles south of Dunfermline)
- Edinburgh Napier University – 219 Colinton Rd, Edinburgh EH14 1DJ, United Kingdom (located approximately 19 miles south of Dunfermline)
- Fife College – Halbeath Rd, Dunfermline KY11 8DY, United Kingdom (located in nearby Rosyth, approximately 3 miles south of Dunfermline)
- Heriot-Watt University – Riccarton, Edinburgh EH14 4AS, United Kingdom (located approximately 24 miles south of Dunfermline)