- 25 Bonnygate, Cupar KY15 4BU
- 43 Bonnygate, Cupar KY15 4BU
- 19 Ceres Rd, Cupar KY15 5JT
- 9 Cupar Rd, Kettlebridge, Cupar KY15 7QD
- 23 High St, Auchtermuchty, Cupar KY14 7AP
- 5 Commercial Rd, Ladybank, Cupar KY15 7JS
- 4 Commercial Cres, Ladybank, Cupar KY15 7JU
Cupar is a small town located in the county of Fife, Scotland. With a population of around 9,000 people, it is one of the largest towns in the area. Cupar is situated approximately 15 miles southwest of the city of Dundee and around 10 miles north of the town of Glenrothes.
The town has a long and rich history, dating back to the 7th century when it was known as “Cuprum” or “place of the chariot”. During the Middle Ages, Cupar was an important market town and a key centre for trade and commerce. Today, Cupar is a thriving community that is home to a range of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions.
One of the most notable landmarks in Cupar is the Cupar War Memorial, which commemorates the local soldiers who lost their lives in World War I and World War II. The town is also home to a number of historic buildings, including the Cupar Old Parish Church and the town’s former corn exchange.
Cupar is surrounded by stunning natural scenery, including the rolling hills of the Fife countryside and the nearby Tentsmuir Forest. The town is also close to several popular tourist destinations, including St. Andrews, the home of golf, and the picturesque fishing villages of the East Neuk of Fife.
Hotels in Cupar
There are very few hotels in Cupar itself. However, there are a number of hotels and accommodations options in the surrounding area. Here are 10 hotels and inns located within a 10-mile radius of Cupar:
- The Rings – Cupar Road, Auchtermuchty, Fife KY14 7DG, United Kingdom
- Rufflets Country House Hotel – Strathkinness Low Rd, St Andrews KY16 9TX, United Kingdom
- The Old Manor Hotel – Leven Rd, Lundin Links, Leven KY8 6AJ, United Kingdom
- The Craw’s Nest Hotel – Bankwell Rd, Anstruther KY10 3DA, United Kingdom
- Fairmont St Andrews – St Andrews KY16 8PN, United Kingdom
- Balcomie Links Hotel – Balcomie Rd, Crail, Anstruther KY10 3TN, United Kingdom
- Best Western Scores Hotel – 76 The Scores, St Andrews KY16 9BB, United Kingdom
- The Inn at Lathones – By Largoward, St Andrews KY9 1JE, United Kingdom
- The Waterfront – 18 – 20 Shore St, Anstruther KY10 3EA, United Kingdom
- The Red Lion Inn – 2 Main St, Stathmiglo, Cupar KY14 7PR, United Kingdom
Universities and Colleges in Cupar
There are no universities or colleges in Cupar itself. However, there are several educational institutions located in the surrounding area. Here are five universities and colleges located within a 10-mile radius of Cupar:
- University of St Andrews – St Andrews, Fife KY16 9AJ, United Kingdom
- Fife College – Stenton Rd, Glenrothes KY6 2RA, United Kingdom
- Elmwood Campus – Carslogie Rd, Cupar KY15 4JB, United Kingdom (part of Scotland’s Rural College)
- Dundee and Angus College – Gardyne Rd, Dundee DD5 1NY, United Kingdom
- University of Dundee – Nethergate, Dundee DD1 4HN, United Kingdom